Lead Full Stack Developer – Remote
Job ID: JOB-11639
Lead Full Stack Developer – Remote
Our Galway based technology client is currently looking to recruit a Lead Full Stack Developer for their organisation on a remote basis.
My client provides the leading Investigative Intelligence platform to some of the world’s largest and most complex intelligence organisations. Rooted in academic R&D, the company has come far beyond its origins in information retrieval, distributed computing, and knowledge representation to produce the Platform. Our cutting-edge platform combines the previously disconnected capabilities of search, business intelligence, link analysis, big-data operational logging, and alerting.
Our HQ is in Galway, Ireland and we have offices in the UK, Italy, France and the US.
- The opportunity to work on highly innovative software with a large impact on important use cases, ranging from Law Enforcement and Cyber Security to Finance and Pharma.
- Working with a great team, with world leading competencies in Search – Information Retrieval, Knowledge Graphs and Analytics.
- Competitive salary, stock option plan & pension contribution.
- Flexible remote-friendly work arrangement.
- A day for personal development in every sprint and access to online resources for self-learning.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for an experienced lead full stack developer to join our frontend engineering team and help us in improving Investigate, our user facing application.
- In this role you will be responsible in driving the technical direction and professional growth of a small team of developers, working closely with other team leads and stakeholders and contributing directly to the design and implementation of new features.
- This is an opportunity to create innovative solutions helping organisations tackle some of the most interesting data investigations in the world.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the development of high-quality, robust software by establishing good practices and habits.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Work closely with other team leads to organise and prioritise development work, working directly with the other Engineering team leads and the Product team.
- Contribute to modernising the application as we refactor legacy Angular.js components to modern React components, adding new components in React/Typescript and improve general usability.
- Contribute to regular bug scrubbing and fixing.
- Engage in code reviews for your teammates on GitHub.
- Participate in design meetings, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Candidates for this role must be based in Ireland
- At least 5 years of experience in full stack application development.
- Experience in working with object databases.
- Strong experience in writing and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with modern authentication frameworks.
- Experience in designing technical implementations for user requirements.
- Experience in managing a small team of developers.
- Hands-on experience with Git, build automation tools and testing frameworks.
We would like:
- Prior experience with the Elastic stack.
- Experience in profiling web applications and identifying memory leaks and rendering bottlenecks.
- Experience in data visualisation.
- Familiarity with graph databases and link analysis.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…