Lead Mechanical Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11661
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilities engineer for all mechanical Assets (Chiller, Boiler, Compressor & HVAC systems)
- Ensure all works meet site KPI’s and standards of quality set forth in the client contract.
- Ensuring the mechanical system is fully operational and proactively resolving potential issue with vendors (In particular – Chiller, Boiler and Compressor)
- Responsible to drive efficiencies on PM activity and schedule and maintain CM work orders.
- Support subject matter experts and equipment owners with investigation, equipment modifications and small projects support.
- Develop Engineering strategies and solutions to drive growth, Innovation and competitiveness whilst achieving output, quality and cost targets.
- Give clear direction to the team on deliverables and plans, setting clear goals and objectives, ensuring all engineering targets are being met.
- Responsible for Quality for PM activity across mechanical assets.
- Be a role model of values and culture, cultivating and reinforcing appropriate group values, norms and behaviours to align with area business focus.
- Sustaining ownership of day-to-day operations including ensuring sufficient resources are allocated, incident follow up and investigation and meeting productivity goals.
- Responsible for the people development and management, and promoting positive working relations between engineers, technicians and other areas.
- Fostering a growth mindset for continuous improvement in all areas of operations.
- The Utilities engineer needs to provide excellent written and verbal communications to their direct management and to senior stakeholders across the organization.
- Drive innovation and cost savings across the mechanical assets and scope
- Safety Champion for mechanical team, leading safety tours, Good catch and job specific awareness
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of spare parts on site.
- Liaising with other engineering functions and Client organisation to complete maintenance works, reviewing plans for energy efficiency and maintaining records of materials used; orders and purchases for new materials, etc.
- Client facing activity and interaction on a daily basis very important.
- Assist and Close Utilities Incident Reports
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and manage changes to site Maintenance program with Mechanical Manager
- Report to the Mechanical Manager with solutions and/or recommendations on maintenance issues.
Key Performance Measures:
- Meet and exceed Client relationship and expectation levels
- High quality service levels for the site
- Ensure all related PMs and CMs are completed for the site
- Excellent Client relationship and self-starter skill
- Minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience in an engineering role within a regulated environment.
- Mechanical/Electrical third level qualifications would be a bonus.
- Previous hands-on experience in HVAC maintenance and projects inc. AHU’s, filters, chilled water, LPHW, coils, fans, controls, dampers, actuators, extract systems, VAV, VRV, split systems, spot cooling, etc.
- Ability to own maintenance responsibility and carry out works in isolation.
- Great computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Windows, etc.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and take necessary actions.
- Good analytical skills and ability to think logically in order to problem solve. Evaluate information from problem solving activities.
- Experience of working in a multi skilled team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 5 plus years.
- Previous experience within the maintenance/engineering/utilities/facilities environment.
- Bachelors (level 8) or masters degree in a relevant Science/Engineering discipline with at least 5 years’ experience on an operations site
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees, engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Previous people management skills would be a distinct advantage
For further information on this Lead Mechanical Engineer role in Kildare please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…