Who are the Client
Opportunity to join a medical products company as a lead mobile app developer to manage the production and support of mobile applications as part of the R&D team in Galway on a permanent contract
What Do I Need?
- Degree in computer science or similar
- 7 years + in mobile application development in a medical, military , pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of Software Design for mobile applications
- Strong Objective C and/or Java knowledge
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the medical documentation cycle and Quality Assurance activities for software development
- Strong software design and programming fundamentals
- Mobile application development expertise for iOS and/or Android devices
- Excellent knowledge of Objective C and/or Java
- A disciplined approach to design, planning, coding, testing and documentation
- An ability to quickly prototype and develop software solutions using an Agile or traditional V or Waterfall approaches
- Awareness of regulations that apply to consumer-grade medical products
- Great team skills and an ability to explain difficult concepts
- Knowledge of debug techniques and related tools
- Experience of web server and database interaction through Android or iOS mobile app
- Experience of embedded systems interaction with Android or/and iOS smart device via common interfaces
- An ability to use various source control technologies (e.g. SVN, GIT, Serena).
- Understanding of software design for embedded software and PC/MAC is an advantage (e.g. programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Swift, Visual Basic, JAVA; IDEs such as Visual Studio, Qt, scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby etc...).
- A general interest in technology and a desire to understand the latest trends.
What Will I Be Doing
Supervise the Mobile App team
Conduct with objectives settings and reviews with each member of the Mobile App team. Work with the R&D manager or project engineers to forward planning usage of resources and budget required to meet corporate objectives. Work with the R&D manager to set up training plans for the mobile app team members.
Mobile App Development Management
Responsible for the proper conduct of mobile application projects from inception to deployment on applications store (i.e. Google Pay, App store etc?). Liaise with other functions such as the R&D team (specifically firmware and project management functions), the NPD/IT/Quality/Marketing teams and external mobile design houses as required. Ensure that mobile applications are developed and maintained according to the in-house software development life cycle process complying with internationally recognised standards for medical software and following the mobile applications development industry best practices.
Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of mobile applications quality issues, supporting IT, R&D and Quality as required.
Mobile App Development Strategy
Articulate strategic proposals for the development and management of mobile application in BMR in the medium and long term.
Manage the mobile development activities outsourced to external mobile applications design house. Work with
the R&D manager, the NPD Programme Manager and other concerned parties (e.g. R&D, Quality, Legal, IT,
Marketing) to set up contracts, establish statement of work and ensure that relevant suppliers deliver work
according to agreed statement of work.
Lead the recruitment of new staff where a resource gap has been identified. Contribute to the role profile
definition, filtering of CVs and selection of candidates.
Support innovation and research activities by developing/customising mobile applications.
To apply please click on the button below or call Jenny on 086 0449371 for more details