Lead Utilities Engineer
Lead Utilities Engineer
A leading pharmaceutical client of HERO Recruitment is recruiting for a Lead Utilities engineer to join their team for a 12-month contract. This role is located in Westmeath but is commutable from Galway and Roscommon.
- Identify areas in which site staff capability should be improved (areas must include technology understanding and problem solving techniques), lead improvement in these capabilities and in reduction in dependence on external resource
- Develop training resources
- Ensure the safe and compliant operation of all utilities
- Participate in Hazops / FMEA and other design activities to support Safety By Design
- Proactively identify and eliminate safety and environmental hazards
- Ensure EHSS and GMP compliant operation of all utilities
- Lead Root Cause Analysis for Utilities Deviations
- Represent department in regulatory inspections
- Manage Utilities KPIS to ensure plant availability is maximised in line with business requirements
- Develop predictive, preventive maintenance reliability centred maintenance strategies
- Manage Utilities shutdowns
- Support the delivery of Capital projects ensuring standardisation, energy efficiency and reliability are key project deliverables.
- Identify Capital projects that will improve safety, compliance, efficiency, reliability and cost.
- Development of Utilities standards. Identify and implement best practices. Capture Lessons Learned from deviations and project installations.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to improve systems performance
- Manage Service Contractors.
- Drive cost reduction through optimising utilities strategies
- Monitor lifecycle cost and ownership costs of utilities assets and identify areas for cost reduction
Education and Experience
- Third level honours degree in in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical) or equivalent with 8 years of relevant experience.
- Operational Excellence, Six Sigma experience.
- Excellent understanding of clean utilities (HVAC, WFI, Clean Steam, Purified Water) and plant utilities in a regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Strong understanding of BMS systems and how these can be used to enhance Utility performance.
- Working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS, e.g. PEMAC/Maximo) a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Lead Utilities Engineer role in Westmeath, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.