Telephone: 087 4108620
Legal Counsel - Contractor
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for their site, on a fixed term contract basis
The primary job function will be to provide legal services and resolves legal matters, including negotiating and drafting agreements and providing strategic support. Supports the business in the achievement of business objectives by rendering sound legal advice and managing legal risks to the corporation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and drafting of commercial contracts (sales, supply chain and distribution contracts, SLAs, NDAs, 3P contracts;
- Company secretarial and corporate governance;
- Company compliance with marketing, FCPA, and ethical business policies; and
- Assisting with corporate restructuring work, as and when it arises.
- Providing broad spectrum of legal support, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements in conjunction with internal clients and third parties
- Resolving routine to complex legal matters with minimal supervision using negotiation skills and legal expertise
- Reviewing advertising and promotional materials to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Clearly rendering timely and practical legal advice
- Identifying risks and proposing alternative solutions to address such risks
- Complying with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Assisting more experienced attorneys in resolving complex legal issues on cross-functional projects
- Understanding company’s businesses supported and broader business impact
- Keeping abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas
- Representing the company externally to customers, suppliers, competitors or government agencies
- Advising legal department managers of critical project developments
- Performing special projects as required
- Executing core job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Law background.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience, in a commercial environment which must include strong contracting law experience. Previous in house or business experience is a distinct advantage.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Creative, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- A self-starter, demonstrating time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical devices is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of anti-corruption laws and regulations.
For further information on this Legal Counsel role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.