Line Equipment Technician
Job ID: JOB-12624
Line Equipment Technican (day shift)
General Description The line equipment technician is a key function in the successful operation of the manufacturing line. Their function is to be the SME for equipment primarily and support processes within the manufacturing area. The role requires the technician to be ever-present support to the area, providing value add technical expertise to equipment issue resolution but also maintaining a state of operation at all times. The technician will own the downtime of equipment metrics and the product yields. The technician is responsible for maintaining these metrics to target, through effective monitoring and evaluation/analysis of the process and the equipment to ensure optimal product output.
Job Description Role & Responsibilities
- To take ownership and responsibility for the technical performance/reliability of equipment to target zero downtime in the technician’s area relating to equipment fault through proactive equipment management.
- A mindset of continuous improvement is a must and always working towards this goal in a structured manner.
- Constantly evaluate equipment & process inputs/outputs to ensure optimal visual and functional product performance and take action before it impacts on uptime or yield.
- Complete PMs on time and improve when found deficient to ensure optimal equipment performance at all times.
- Identify requirements for jigs/fixtures to improve work station efficiency or yield improvement and carry through into manufacturing through the approval process with supporting data on the potential gains to be achieved.
- To ensure tooling including mandrels/ trim fixtures etc. are available to the line when required and are in optimal working order and fit for purpose.
- Ensure and maintain a sufficient Kanban & robust process for consumable equipment spares in CER to minimise downtime.
- To support onloading of new technician hires when required.
- The technician must be fully competent in manufacturing products through all work steps and in identifying Accept and Reject samples for all steps. Understand the intended use and the impact of defects on the use of the product or efficacy.
- To continually review the manufacturing process for improper application of work methods and equipment settings.
- Communicate promptly, clearly & effectively at all times, to the Line Lead & Line Support Technician with regard to equipment & process issues with a clear plan for a resolution that is data-driven.
- Support for maintaining accurate up-to-date documentation for LHR’s MPI’s, Drawings and PM documentation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Requires a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or equivalent (preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics)
- Industrial experience in a medical device/pharma background is preferred. Experience with automated equipment desired.
- Very strong technically with a good eye for detail. Excellent troubleshooting & fault finding skills with a logical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated process and continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with good initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong commitment to Quality, safety, and GMP standards.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Shannon McCrossan on 0868168273/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…