Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Line Technician for their site.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Monitor and control production process to ensure product is manufactured within specification.
- Administer all line set up and product changeovers and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Accurately update internal production reporting system so that a true reflection of line performance is captured daily.
- Assist investigations of quality problems and ensure that products are manufactured in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Make required adjustments to equipment and ensure efficiency of line by managing all issues and minimizing downtime.
- Maintain and update OCAP system to ensure corrective actions are captured.
- Monitor production area and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Support root cause analysis within scope of the role and technical expertise.
- Assist to clean up work area and guide all employees in operating line equipment according to company procedures.
- Perform process maintenance on equipment and maintain records for same.
- Participate in pre shift meetings and obtain required information to support discussions.
- Ensure that communications are clear, effective and concise and act in a non-confrontational manner.
- Report any quality related concerns to your immediate supervisor and/or quality.
- Support R&D activities as required.
- Qualified in a mechanical or process related discipline to diploma level.
- Minimum 3 years experience on a high volume production line working in a technical role.
- Qualified in lean Manufacturing or six sigma (Desirable but not essential).
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Willing to work different shifts as needed and provide additional cover by working extra hours across shifts as needed.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience of working within a pressurised environment with stretching targets.
- Experience of identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Awareness of quality, current Good Manufacturing Practice and working with Standard Operating Procedures and Change Controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including those with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Proven ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes as needed
- Can demonstrate strong team working and team building abilities.
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group's sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group's sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval