Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Line Technician their Tuam site.
The successful candidate will be someone who is able to provide innovative and timely technical process support while working under his or her own initiative and support key projects at both a local and global level. Applicants must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment where responsibility and challenges change day by day. The role provides a great learning opportunity working alongside GE and R&D groups using the most advanced developments in technology. This position will be placed on night shift with the selected candidate flexible to cover outside of this if required.
- Monitor and control production process to ensure product is manufactured within specification.
- Administer all line set up and product changeovers and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Accurately update internal production reporting system so that a true reflection of line performance is captured daily.
- Assist investigations of quality problems and ensure that products are manufactured in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Make required adjustments to equipment and ensure efficiency of line by managing all issues and minimizing downtime.
- Execute process trials or lab experiments as required and assist with statistical analysis of data
- Maintain and update OCAP system to ensure corrective actions are captured.
- Monitor production area and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Support root cause analysis within scope of the role and technical expertise.
- Perform process maintenance on equipment and maintain records for same.
- Participate in pre shift meetings and obtain required information to support discussions.
- Ensure that communications are clear, effective and concise and act in a non-confrontational manner.
- Report any quality related concerns to your immediate supervisor and/or quality.
- Support R&D activities as required.
- Level 7 qualification (mechanical, chemical or engineering discipline) is desirable but not essential.
- 3 years working experience on a high volume production line.
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options.
- Willing to work different shifts as needed and provide additional cover by working extra hours if required.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience of working within a pressurised environment with stretching targets.
- Experience of identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Awareness of quality, current Good Manufacturing Practice and working with Standard Operating Procedures and Change Controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including those with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Can demonstrate strong team working and team building abilities.
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For further information on this Line Technician in Tuam please contact Clara Burke on 086-8168273/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.