Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Logistics Associate for their site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engagement with 3PL functional teams and those of the company to support inventory accuracy.
- Establish and maintain professional, collaborative and cohesive relationships.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives based on customer, product and process requirements.
- Meet reasonable expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Training and education in relation to SAP ERP and inventory processes to ensure knowledge and understanding exists to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Reporting capability to minimise negative impact to customers and the business.
- Stock at risk – early warning.
- Stock status understanding – know why an item is held in quality inspection (Q.I.) blocked and returns are progressed.
- Master data integrity.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly reports around reconciliation, idoc and logs to trend impact of issues experienced.
- Record successful milestones especially those aligned to agreed goals and projects that support strategic business targets.
- Competent in the use of SAP Warehouse & Inventory Transactions, MS Excel and other MS software solutions.
- SAP experience and understanding of interface architecture / capability.
- Have or develop a basic understanding of the company products and comprehensive understanding of the total supply chain to help influence its overall effectiveness.
- Strong Supply Chain & Logistics skill base.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures).
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for analysis.
- Strong project management skills across multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Whilst working with teams develop an environment of trust to ensure effective team work.
Environment / Culture
- Good communicator, self-motivated, friendly and level headed.
- When required – be reactive & flexible to current issues while driving the long-term resolution to our Inventory
- Willingness to identify where getting involved can add value, even if outside current comfort zone
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Supply Chain arena.
- Qualified (or working towards) APICs / CSCP (certified supply chain professional) level.
- SAP/ERP system knowledge and experience.
- Ability to travel as required (with advance planning).
- In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working is required.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects.
For further information on this Logistics Associate role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.