Our client, a multinational medical device firm are looking for a R&D Process Development Engineer to join their team.
To apply lean manufacturing techniques in process development activities within the R&D group. To ensure that new products and processes are assessed for manufacturability and high volume and quality production.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Application of lean manufacturing techniques and process control techniques to catheter line
- Develop best manufacturing practices and processes for medical devices
- Placement in manufacturing in India for up to 3 months to support ramp up of line to ensure best manufacturing practice and quality standards
- Drive lean engineering into R&D device development
- Identify process improvement project and work with R&D, Operations & Quality teams to drive these to successful conclusion
- Introduce KPI's to track line throughputs and take time metrics for process development.
- Lead process characterisation activities to map the process inputs and outputs
- Drive GMP and Quality & Process improvement projects
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with multinational cross functional team to achieve company objectives
- Project planning skills and execution of project in a timely effective manner
- Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Proficient in 3D CAD modelling packages, preferably Solidworks
- Min 2 years' experience in medical device manufacturing / lean engineering with balloon catheter and stent delivery catheter experience preferred
- Bachelor/Masters of Engineering in Biomedical, Medical or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Reporting to Galway R&D with dotted line to Operations in India
- Engineering degree in Biomedical / Mechanical / other relevant
- Min 3 years' experience in medical device manufacturing
For further information on this Senior Process Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval