This is a new role for a medical device company in Galway. In this role you will be required to manage and oversee warehousing, logistics, trade compliance and materials management. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing materials (raw materials, sub-assembly, sterile loads, finished goods) to ensure cost effective on-time delivery of products.
As part of the role, you will co-operate with global / regional supply chain, operations, quality, finance and IT to implement warehouse, logistics and trade compliance system strategy. Manage 3rd party logistics providers / customs clearance broker to ensure optimized material flow and services. In addition, experience with international transportation, freight forwarding, and warehousing control is required.
- Associate BBA or equivalent experience
- 3 years Logistics Experience in a manufacturing environment, experience in Medical Device Manufacturing preferred.
- Manage day to day operations to promote, engage and ensure the health and safety of all employees.
- Responsible for delivering department and company strategic goals and initiatives.
- Develop a robust talent development plan to align with ZOML strategic initiatives.
- Maintain & improve upon required service levels within budgetary constraints.
- Develop reports to drive improvements in key KPI. Propose solutions to reverse negative trends. Drive RCA’s as appropriate.
- Direct and motivate warehouse staff on meeting operational goals while always striving for continual improvement.
- Ensure accurate and efficient processing, control and management of all goods inwards transactions.
- Manage warehouse capacity and offsite storage facilities.
- Partner with Planning, Purchasing and Operations to ensure daily production build plans are executed per plan.
- Plan, prepare goods outward movements; coordinating with logistics coordinators to ensure timely and accurate dispatch of finished product with correct documentation.
- Execute trade compliance procedures and policies for the sites.
- Classification and maintenance of customs Tariff Codes for all products including management of master data on the ERP systems.
- Control and oversee all customs documentation and record keeping ensuring compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Provide reports to management on a monthly basis on trade compliance status plus adhoc reports as required
- Participate in relevant internal & external audits.
- Proactively oversee third party freight & logistic providers to ensure best value for money.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Excellent understanding of logistics and trade compliance
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills plus advanced excel skills with the ability to handle considerable amounts of data and use it to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Problem solving techniques essential
- Self-starter and can work on own initiative
- Is able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Is flexible and understands that based on business needs that will be required to work as required.
- Strong knowledge of air/road /sea transportation and logistics concepts
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.