Our client, a manufacturing company in Co County Galway is currently looking to recruit a Logistics Manager for their site.
Purpose of the Role:
This person will have overall responsibility for the Logistics Department at the site.
They will also be responsible for identifying and leading value improvement and waste elimination projects that drive plant and company performance improvements while promoting the development and advancement of the lean culture within the site.
- Member of Site Management Team.
- Management of Logistics / SAP ERP / Continuous Improvement.
- Lead, direct and develop the Logistics Operations on the site.
- Develop and manage the Logistics system to support the business from a strategic and operational viewpoint.
- Build and manage customer relationships at both strategic and operational level.
- Motivate and manage employees to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Management of Supply Chain Interfaces with customers and suppliers.
- High-level understanding of SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations process).
- Representing the Logistics Department in customer meetings and third party audits.
- Management oversight of the Build Plan Process with the Logistics & Production Teams.
- Managing 4 direct reports and 6 indirect reports.
- Own facility layout and design projects with the Production Teams, Facilities and Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Initiate, lead and champion lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Lean Support and Born Lean) with the Assembly & Moulding Production areas, Engineering and support functions.
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the site and work with Production Teams to create the Lean vision for the site.
- Constantly promote, educate and instil the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and leading site projects that are part of the business development plan.
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, TPM, quick change over, value stream mapping, & Quality Engineering.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing operation.
- Lean /Six-sigma qualification an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the principles of 5S, SMED, and Kaizen an advantage.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Good knowledge of cost and project management.
- Excellent communications skills essential.
- Strong team player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Available to travel when required to other sites.
- An ability to build strong relationships with other departments.
- Development of internal processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience in managing costs against departmental budgets.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Management of diverse groups, strong delegation skills, coaching skills.
- Strong problem solving skill with strong attention to detail.
For further information on Logistics Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.