Telephone: 086 0449473
Senior Engineer, Equipment Design and Controls (Galway)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer, Equipment Design and Controls (Galway) for their site.
Develops new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test equipment.
- Supervises a group of Electrical & Machine Control Engineers.
- Determines appropriate contract staff levels and skills in order to meet the plant machine controls development requirements.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, motivates individuals to achieve results, and assists staff in attaining performance/training objectives and career goals.
- Provide machine control development leadership and be the final arbitrator on choices/conflicts.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Ensure customer requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team and is responsible for allocation of work and work quality with the group.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Directs the development of and ensures compliance with Equipment Engineering Standards and procedures, Good Engineering Practices, CE & safety requirements.
- Develops and enhances cross-functional team relationships and works cross-functionally to identify and resolve technical and organizational issues.
- Ensure best machine control practices are employed by the group so as to maximise equipment effectiveness.
- Champion use of lean and CI tools in equipment designs, engineering systems and business systems
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Controls / Automation engineer role and an additional minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role with direct reports.
- Candidates are required to have excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Candidates have to be able to demonstrate experience on influencing and managing Stakeholders.
- Candidates are required to have experience working for the Life Science industry and in highly regulated environments (e.g. Medical Devices, Pharma, and Diagnostics).
- PLC Programing
- HMI/SCADA Design.
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
- VB6 & VBA programing.
- VB.NET & Object Orientated Programing.
- T-SQL Programing.
- LabView Development.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval