Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Controls Engineer for their site.
The Controls Engineer Galway will work with PLC software coding & HMI /SCADA development for new designs, electrical equipment design, instrumentation & metrology, servo motion & robotics & industrial networks.
The company is one of the world's largest medical device companies, employing over 25,000 employees. It develops, manufactures and markets more than 13,000 products in over 45 countries. The medical devices are used in a range of interventional medical specialties, including interventional cardiology, peripheral interventions, neuromodulation, neurovascular intervention, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, endoscopy, oncology, urology and gynaecology.
Galway Equipment Engineering is a function of our company with a purpose of delivering innovative and effective equipment and systems solutions through strategic partnerships and technical leadership to enable and support the success of the company.
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods. Working times are Monday to Friday; however Weekend work may be required.
- Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Drafts and Review Design and Compliance documentation.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code from scratch or following existing standards
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates on Equipment Troubleshooting Activity
Job Requirements & Skills
Minimum Years of Proven Experience on a similar role: 6+
Minimum qualification level (Irish NFQ or equivalent): Level 8 - Honours Bachelor Degree
Job Required Skills
- (Proven experience required):
- PLC Software coding for new designs
- HMI / SCADA Development for new designs
- Equipment Electrical Design
- Instrumentation and metrology
- Equipment Safety Design under Machinery Directive related standards
- Servo Motion and Robotics
- Industrial Networks
(These Skills are not required but will be considered):
- Database Development
- Vision Development
For further information on this Controls Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval