Job ID: JOB-12327
Our Client, a leading manufacturer with locations in Drogheda, Mayo and Roscommon and is looking to attract a Maintenance Electrician for their site in Drogheda. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for carrying out electrical work across the site, encompassing all areas, including production, facilities, and health and safety related activities. The role includes carrying out some mechanical aspects of an electrical task as well as individual light mechanical tasks from time to time
Specific Areas of Responsibility include:
- Electrical maintenance background in an industrial environment.
- The Engineer/Technician must be able to do light containment e.g. install a light, install or move a socket from the nearest sub-supply board.
- Experience commissioning industrial installations and equipment.
- Experience with maintaining and trouble-shooting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and control systems
- Strong awareness of the relevant statutory and industry codes for electrical maintenance and installations and specifically to have comprehensive knowledge of the Electrical Safety Standard I.S. .
- The ability to Risk assess a Job or Task before starting.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Well-developed abilities in decision-making and problem solving
- The ability to plan and organise a demanding workload are also essential.
- The role requires the job holder to work to practices that support the site hygiene, food safety, environmental and safety programmes.
- Experience such as working with manufacturing equipment and/or production lines, and/or a quality management system such as BRC or ISO9000 is advantageous. Tasks:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance
- Complete all site lighting repairs and replacements
- Reactive repairs ensuring minimum downtime on equipment
- Respond to emergency breakdowns across site
- Ensure all QHSE requirements are fulfilled prior to work commencing
- Ability to complete handyman tasks as required
- Specify and order materials as needed for works and ensure stock levels of critical spares are kept updated
- Problem-solve ensuring a solution for all required repairs in a timely manner
- Provide Management with daily updates
- Supervise subcontractors onsite to ensure a comprehensive contractor management system, including H&S
- Positively and actively contribute to and participate in continuous improvement activities in the team
- Work as part of a team on multi-disciplined projects
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping, material handling and safety at all times
- Work in a safe manner and support site safety objectives
- Report any safety concerns to the Operations Manager
- Contribute to the Operations improvement forums through involvement and dialogue.
- Personal development through coaching, internal courses, and appraisal.
- Work in accordance with the site guides and procedures.
For further information on this Maintenance Electrician role in please contact Gerard on 086 1071 395 or email Technical@hero.ie Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…