Maintenance & Facilities Lead
Job ID: JOB-11965
Maintenance & Facilities Lead Our Client, a leading manufacturer in Mayo are looking to attract a Maintenance & Facilities Lead for their business. You will be responsible for effectively managing the Maintenance and Facilities of the Site and to maximise production output by ensuring print presses and equipment are fit for purpose, operational and serviceable at all times. The role is based in Louth so commutable from Drogheda and Mullingar. Key Responsibilities:
- Promote all aspects of clients values and ensure that all aspects of safety procedures are upheld at all times by the Maintenance team.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner in line with budgets.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Organise and manage a preventative maintenance programme to ensure all equipment is serviceable and in good working order.
- Respond to press/machine breakdowns and other electrical/mechanical failures, ensuring minimum downtime.
- Manage non-urgent work requested by operators and other managers in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain a computerised maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Plan, organise and oversee project work such as press/machinery installation/decommissioning etc.
- Oversee site services such as the building’s electrical and plumbing services.
- Monitor the use, inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment, and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems promptly, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Maintain quality and environmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor, review and provide timely and accurate reporting on engineering status (including technical and safety case) and progress against schedules, evaluates deviations, develops recovery plans and initiates/coordinates corrective action when required.
- Ensure engineering and technical risk management for the specific area of responsibility. This includes risk identification and assessment, development of mitigation plans and ongoing review/monitoring, re-assessment and communication of potential project impacts to an overall engineering programme.
- Work closely with operations to support and drive factory optimisation, continuous improvement plans (CIP), CAPEX and infrastructure projects management.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Time-served apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Engineering based degree (desirable)
- People management qualification (desirable)
- Previous exposure to leading a team
- Varied electrical or mechanical work experience
- Electrical/mechanical fault diagnosis
- 17th Edition wiring regulations
- Project planning skills
- Working knowledge of health & safety requirements & legislation
For further information on this Maintenance & Facilities Lead role in Louth contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…