Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Mayo requires an experience Maintenance Fitter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment in their Value Stream in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. A significant feature of this role is to minimize equipment downtime thus optimizing overall plant performance.
Maintenance Fitter / Key Responsibilities:
- Provide high level technical support in a high volume environment and work with and advise suppliers and engineers on product design to facilitate greater production efficiencies.
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Drive ongoing and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Maintain accurate data for analysis on equipment.
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects that use lean and six sigma tools to improve overall business efficiency.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation through identifying innovative solutions to process problems and actively encouraging team members to share new ideas.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Fas Mechanical Time-served Apprenticeship with Junior and Senior Trades
- 4+ years' experience preferably in medical devices and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the application of multi-skilling in previous employment.
- The role involves working in a cross-functional team therefore strong communication skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem solving skills are prerequisites for this role.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools would be an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of PLC Programming and hydraulics/pneumatics is required.
Candidates must be prepared to work a 24/7 Shift (4* 12 day hour days 08:00 - 20:00 followed by 4 days off, 4 * 12 hour nights 20:00 - 08:00 followed by 4 days off on a repeating pattern)
For further information on this Maintenance Fitter role in Mayo please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval