Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Mayo requires an experience Maintenance Fitter. This is a permanent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment in their Value Stream in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. A significant feature of this role is to minimize equipment downtime thus optimizing overall plant performance.
- Provide high level technical support in a high volume environment and work with and advise suppliers and engineers on product design to facilitate greater production efficiencies.
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Drive ongoing and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Maintain accurate data for analysis on equipment.
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects that use lean and six sigma tools to improve overall business efficiency.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation through identifying innovative solutions to process problems and actively encouraging team members to share new ideas.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Fas Mechanical Time-served Apprenticeship with Junior and Senior Trades
- 4+ years? experience preferably in medical devices and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the application of multi-skilling in previous employment.
- The role involves working in a cross-functional team therefore strong communication skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem solving skills are prerequisites for this role.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools would be an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of PLC Programming and hydraulics/pneumatics is required.
Candidates must be prepared to work a 24/7 Shift (4* 12 day hour days 08:00 ? 20:00 followed by 4 days off, 4 * 12 hour nights 20:00 ? 08:00 followed by 4 days off on a repeating pattern)
For further information please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 /email@example.com
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.