Telephone: 086 0449473
Maintenance Technician – Fitter
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician – Fitter for their site.
- Duties to include; preventative maintenance, fabrication and repair on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines;
- Overhaul repair and modification of machines and equipment.
- Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose
- Actively practice and promote safe working practices
- Fault finding, testing, and the repair or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts
- Where a detailed specification is not provided, work in consultation with stake holders to develop and implement the most effective solution.
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications
Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines including;
- Heading and forming equipment
- Multi spindle turning machines
- Heat treatment furnace lines and associated support equipment
- Plating line
- Automatic inspection equipment
- Packaging equipment
- Installation of new machines and equipment
- Design, promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance
- Review and advise on engineering requirements and drawings
- Supporting production in process improvements
- Support purchasing on a technical level with vendors
- Work with and coordinate contractors
- Effective communication – keeping management and relevant parties’ aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Any other duty as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post and the skill of the post holder.
- Documentation/ recording of work carried out
- Qualification in tool making or fitting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual with good troubleshooting skills.
- Able to communicate, both in writing and verbally, with internal and external people.
- Computer literate including Email and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Power point
- Fork truck and hoist operation certs and experience an advantage.
For further information on this Maintenance Technician – Fitter role in Galway please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval