Our client a pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader to join the team.
The Maintenance Team Leader will lead a team of technicians – facilities, packaging and process technicians - in order to maintain Facilities and Utilities to best in class level, with timely upkeep and reinvestment and delivering energy reduction and sustainability programs & projects.
- Fulfill the role of Maintenance Team Leader for Maintenance, Facilities and Utilities resources. Ensure the various maintenance and operations related tasks are effectively performed.
- Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- Coordinate and execute Maintenance activities, preventative maintenance, calibration equipment improvement projects, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs. Equipment will include everything within the Engineering responsibility, including but not limited to, parts washers, autoclaves and filling machines.
- Ensure that all Planned Maintenance and Calibration are completed to the schedule. Collaborate with Quality, EHS, Technical Operations, in completion of tasks to ensure best practice outputs
- Coordinate scheduled, tasks and resources, including vendor management, communications, training, project work, audit/inspection duties etc.
- Coordinate clean room, mechanical spaces and materials management in all areas while focusing on continuous process improvement using Lean Principles.
- Manage equipment flow, through maintenance cycles.
- Review and post execution approval of preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and calibration SAP work orders. Approval of change controls, CAPA's etc.
- Ensure process equipment is maintained including preventative maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs to ensure continuous, reliable and repeatable operation of equipment. Effectively manage and schedule equipment shutdowns, ensuring resources are available, thereby minimizing downtown.
- Ensure effective participation in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate, SAP task lists, technical engineering reports, training documents and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
- Ensure equipment reliability and performance by ensuring root cause analysis is performed and subsequent recommendations and improvement changes throughout processes are implemented including the calibration of equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, identify need for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment to optimize throughput and reduce process cycle times; Drive change through Change control system in line with deadlines
- Leadership activities including selection, development, coaching and day to day management. Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with role. Develop and maintain training programmes.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Qualified to degree level in engineering.
- Min of 5 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance.
- Experience implementing Lean Principals across maintenance department.
- Strong communication and team lead experience.
- Understands maintenance system design to ensure excellent asset performance.
- Familiar with pharmaceutical utility equipment such as WFI generation & distribution, clean steam generation & distribution, cleanroom HVAC, steam boilers, air compressors, etc.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer applications i.e. CMMS.
- Strong people management skills and is a team player with good proactive approach & manner.
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory and GMP requirements for maintenance activities.
Travel: The role will typically require infrequent, off site national and international travel, for business or equipment/project review meetings, including overnight stays, up to 5% of the time.
For further information on this Maintenance Team Lead role in the Midlands please contact Fiona Keane on 0867738651/mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.