Maintenance Technician - Galway - 100080
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technicians for their site.
Positions available on Evenings and Weekends
- Engineering support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Responsible for initiating the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to equipment related issues.
- Installation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a related field.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member and on own initiative
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC's, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking an advantage.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
For further information on this Maintenance Technician role in Galway please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval