Maintenance Technician - Galway - 102960
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician for their site.
Responsible for the maintaining, constructing, installing, moving, and repairing all production machinery and equipment. This includes specialized equipment, lift trucks, storage racks, conveyors, lighting, plumbing, and all equipment required for factory and office operations. Provide front line systems support for all equipment.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Monitors and reacts in a timely manner to routine demand maintenance requirements.
- Participates in routine Preventative/Predictable Maintenance.
- Troubleshoots equipment stoppages and reacts accordingly.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical test equipment.
- Plans, assists, documents, and implements process improvement techniques and devices.
- Utilizes machining, electrical and mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks.
- Communicates with production and other various customers as needed.
- Ensure critical spares are maintained where necessary
- Good mechanical aptitude. Ability to work with minimal supervision on various optimization projects from conception to completion. Ability to produce technical reports and update drawings. Light machining and welding skills. Light fabrication skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to interpret and produce mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Ability to work across different shifts when requested.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good understanding of FDA regulated Industry and associated equipment validation requirements
- Formal training in an industrial setting as a Production Technician.
- Certificate in Manufacturing Technology or Mechanical / Automation Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years practical hands on experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience with repair of hand tools, operating machine tools, electrical measuring instruments, and CNC machine tools including spindle bearing, ball screws, spindle headstocks, axis feed systems, and hydraulics/pneumatic.
- PLC control logic troubleshooting.
- Strong electrical and controls capabilities.
- Strong Mechanical and electro Pneumatics capabilities
- Computer literate with MS Office skills.
- Licenses/Certifications – Maintenance Platform, Forklift
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval