Telephone: 086 8395531
Our Client are now interested in recruiting a Automation Technician to work in their Equipment Engineering Department in Galway, Ireland.
- Support equipment (Production and R&D manufacturing equipment) to maintain its accuracy, performance, and reliability. Maintain compliance to Quality, EH&S and FDA/ISO systems.
- Is recognised Equipment Technical Expert.
- Responsibility for troubleshooting / commissioning of PLC controlled equipment. (Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi.)
- Responsibility for troubleshooting / commissioning of PC controlled equipment. (Visual basic, SQL)
- Responsibility for troubleshooting / commissioning of Vision systems and Motion control systems (Cognex, DVT, Parker motion control).
- Responsibility for PC hardware commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines.
- Identify, quantify, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques.
- Generate / Edit Maintenance procedures to reflect work practice.
- Understand and comply with quality and EH&S procedures.
- Access equipment spares requirements, Monitor usage and review consumption.
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Capability to retrofit / upgrade existing equipment.
- Stay current with technology & training.
- Commissioning and validation support of equipment.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all Quality requirements.
- NCEA Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades.
- Proven experience in the troubleshooting / commissioning of equipment controlled by PLC's, PC Control, Motion Control, Vision systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in some of the following: Pneumatics; PLC's; Instrumentation; Electrical Control Systems; Hydraulics; Vision Systems; PC Troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information on this Automation Technician role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie