Telephone: 086 8395531
Maintenance Technician - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician for their site on a contract basis.
- The successful candidate will be someone who is able to provide innovative and timely technical support to production equipment while working under his or her own initiative and support key equipment projects at both a local and global level. Applicants must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment where responsibility and challenges change day by day. The role provides a great learning opportunity working alongside GE and R&D groups using the most advanced developments in technology. This role will be based on evening shift.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Troubleshooting and fault finding of automatic, semi-automatic and batch manufacturing equipment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Execution of work orders generated by the computerised maintenance management system.
- Support key equipment projects at both local and global levels
- Ensure that all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
- Responsible for filling out plant downtime report for all instances of plant downtime. Report to include time down, corrective action and preventative action going forward.
- Adherence to all internal “SOPS” and “GMP” standards.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Apprenticeship or relevant mechanical qualification to diploma level
- Multi-skilled background with more than 5 years’ experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Facilities maintenance experience will be advantageous
- Experience with packaging equipment will be advantageous
- Must be proficient in debugging PLC/controls, Robotics, Linear drives, RFID, Vision system related issues and pneumatics etc...
- Effective in analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Computer Literacy (PEMAC CMMS in use).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal savvy
- Strategic agility
- Customer focus
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For further information on this Maintenance Technician role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval