Maintenance Technician Electrical-Mechanical
Job ID: JOB-12759
Maintenance Technician Electrical/Mechanical
We are looking to speak with an experienced Maintenance Technician about this great new job opportunity in Cork with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for its culture, exceptional career development pathways, and unrivaled rewards and recognition packages.
Overall Purpose of the Job You will assist and take ownership in providing Facilities Management, planned maintenance activities, moves management, H&S, and Energy Management of the highest quality, enabling the business to carry out their business activities in a safe comfortable, productive & cost-effective environment. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient execution of planned and unplanned maintenance of plant and utilities, in compliance with the companies and client’s EHS and Quality standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To carry out a range of technical duties to cover mechanical, electrical and some general building fabric maintenance, which will also consist of some general operative tasks.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment under our control as per the Plant CMMS / WorldFM system.
- Proactively identify and remedy equipment maintenance issues, to maximise equipment uptime.
- Servicing electrical, mechanical, and non-technical equipment.
- Liaise with the help desk/Engineering Manager and respond to all non-technical and technical queries in a timely manner to ensure conformance with the relevant Service Level Agreement.
- To carry out fault resolution and repairs to broken-down equipment.
- Assist subcontractors as required.
- Maintain appropriate records in line with requirements.
- Assist in the installation of new plant and equipment.
- To keep the help desk and engineering managers updated at all times in relation to equipment issues
- To be a self-motivated maintenance technician and continuously strive for self-improvement.
- Ensure any training deemed necessary by your line manager is completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Must be willing to take on and familiarize yourself with all relevant site systems as deemed necessary to complete the role.
- Maintain an internal ‘Best Practice’ regime and encourage continuous improvements.
- Assist with all queries regarding quotations and purchasing when requested.
- Maintain and maximize use of client CMMS / CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) system and ensure all works are completed and closed within the agreed timeframe.
- Sourcing and stocking of spare parts as required to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained in accordance with client requirements.
- Provide relevant information to assist with the generation of reports
- Ensure compliance at all times with Health and Safety and legislative requirements
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with all current regulations
- Ensure that EH & S procedures are adhered to at all times. Contribute to targets related to Safety, Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Report of any accident, incidents and out of place findings to the line manager
- Maintain the workshop and maintenance stores areas in a tidy condition at all times.
- Maintain plant room areas in a tidy condition at all times
- Be scheduled on a regular basis to provide cover to the site for out of hours’ situations on a rotational basis. Rotation to be determined by the company and maybe subject to change.
- You may be asked to work overtime to cover out of hours work as determined by the Engineering Manager
- Take on adhoc projects from time to time as deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager.
- Carry out PPM’s on equipment as required.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to multi-task
- Well presented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Methodical, analytical and enthusiastic approach to work with good attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting ability
- Excellent initiative and pro-active approach to work
- Must be extremely flexible
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Must be physically fit as this can be a demanding role
- Customer focused
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical Senior Trades or Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline
- Mechanical Senior Trades or Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in the following areas – Utilities / Facilities
- Formal training / certification in any of the above
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Basic computer knowledge essential.
- Proven track record in Preventative and Reactive Maintenance in a similar environment.
- Customer focused
For further information on this role in please contact on Dominic Courtney on 0868395533 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…