Maintenance Technician – Netherlands
24 month contract
Making people happy by surprising them with tasty snacks: that is our mission. We want to be and remain the consumers’ and professionals’ favourite snack specialist. Tasty, reliable, accessible and affordable. At home and beyond. We are proud of our products and it shows in everything. At the same time, we are committed to ‘simple and practical’: just do it, both feet on the ground and fulfilling promises. That is how we remain agile, quick and efficient.
As a result of the expansion with new production lines, the Technical Service is also being expanded. From day one you, as an all-round technician, are valuable to the organization. You work in a 3-shift operation system and you ensure that the production lines start up again as soon as possible in the event of a malfunction. You can set priorities like no other, but also perform under pressure. In order to do this as quickly as possible, it is important that you can distinguish the main and side issues from each other.
For example, the approach is completely different when the complete line is stationary than with a
fault where the line can continue to rotate. The starting point for failures is that you look for a
definitive solution. Sometimes that does not work and your creativity is called upon to be able to run
production with an emergency solution with the shortest possible standstill of the line.
You do this by:
- Deploy emergency repairs so that production stagnation is kept to a minimum;
- Thinking along and co-implementing improvements such as overhaul, modifications to improve the machine park as well as related mechanical or control engineering activities;
- Feedback your work and report it in the maintenance system;
- Helping, supporting and training the operators;
- Share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues;
- And thinking along about improving (production) processes.
- In addition, you support with maintenance and other occurring technical activities
In your team you work with 12 enthusiastic and skilled technicians, who like to roll up their sleeves, are very collegial and social. During your shift, you work together with a fellow mechanic.
During your work you come into contact with various other colleagues and a variety of machines and types of technology. As a mechatronics technician, you feel at home in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
- You have a level 7 or 8 degree in Electrical, Automation or Mechatronics
- You have mechanical and electrical knowledge, basically you are an electrical engineer who can also perform mechanical work;
- You have knowledge of conventional relay technology, pneumatics and PLC technology;
- You work carefully and accurately;
- You keep a cool head.
- Ownership: You are involved and bite into a fault until it has been completely resolved.
- Due to the rapid growth it can be hectic from time to time, you know how to deal with this
- You are willing to work in 3-shifts
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.