Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)
Job ID: JOB-12950
Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)
Finding the right company that aligns with your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Maintenance Technician job opportunity located in Galway is one of those stand-out positions that don’t come along every day.
Let us tell you more….
Don’t miss a great opportunity to become part of our engineering team in an exciting, pioneering and growing organisation. Our client has been protecting and enhancing vision since 1990 when we were the first company to commercialise plastic photochromic lenses. Through our partnerships with optical industry leaders, we offer solutions that adapt to changing light in the widest selection of designs and materials, including hundreds of lens combinations. We are continuously improving our lenses to enhance their darkness, fade back speed, colour and indoor clarity.
The successful candidate will be someone who is able to provide innovative and timely technical support on production equipment while working under their own initiative. Applicants must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment where responsibility and challenges change. The role provides a great learning opportunity using the most advanced developments in technology. The role will be based on night Shift.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Troubleshooting and fault finding of automatic, semi-automatic and batch manufacturing equipment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Execution of work orders generated by the computerised maintenance management system.
- Support key equipment projects at both local and global levels
- Ensure that all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
- Responsible for filling out plant downtime report for all instances of plant downtime. Report to include time down, corrective action and preventative action going forward.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the maintenance manager.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- National Diploma in Automation/Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Capability of debugging Allen-Bradley PLC`s, Motion and Machine Controls, Vision Systems and Industrial Networks (Ethernet IP) would offer candidates a distinct advantage for this role.
- Facilities maintenance experience would be advantageous
- Effective in analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Computer Literacy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Competencies
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal savvy
- Strategic agility
- Customer focus
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of their duties
Flexible work hours to cover early start ups, support across shifts and willingness to attend to out of hours callouts are key requirements for this position.
For further information on this role please contact Dominic Courtney on 0868395533 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…