Maintenance Technician (Nights)
Job ID: JOB-13323
Title: Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)
Contract: 12 month to be extended DOE
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the set-up, installation, maintenance and support of automated equipment ensuring optimum performance and the achievement of operational goals. The Maintenance Technician works closely with teams to resolve manufacturing issues and constraints while implementing safe and robust solutions to improve overall efficiency through improvement projects around run rate increase, cycle time gains, yields and quality.
- Repairs and troubleshoots electro/mechanical equipment failures.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance procedures.
- Helps move, install, set-up and refurbish equipment.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date maintenance documentation.
- Records significant downtime issues and resolutions in appropriate databases.
- Interacts with other departments as required to co-ordinate equipment repairs.
- Works proactively to ensure performance targets are met; Yield/quality (using SPC/SQC)/production outs/up-time /process stability.
- Communicates potential problems that may affect capacity and quality to the Business Unit Team Leader as well as across zones/work areas where necessary.
- Attends pass-downs as required and provides status updates.
- Provides detailed inputs into failed spare parts management process.
- Supports Process Engineers to ensure Continuous Improvements are ongoing.
- Trains and assists other Technicians and Operators.
- Strong knowledge of the setup, operation, and maintenance of specific equipment sets used in manufacturing processes.
- Strong troubleshooting/Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical ability, with hands on approach to solving technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to achievement of manufacturing excellence.
- High level of flexibility: shift changes / training courses / preventative maintenance and Project support.
- Ability to work on own initiative, is self-driven.
- Resourceful, hands-on, enjoys a challenge.
- Works well under pressure.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 – 4 years+ experience as a Technician in a high volume automated environment.
- Minimum Cert./Diploma/Senior Trades in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of PLCs, Motor drives, pneumatic and hydraulic components is an advantage
For further information on this Equipment Maintenance Technician job in Galway please contact Danielle Quinn on 086 044 9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…