Drawing on your Accounting Qualification and commerical awareness you will take the leadership in the role of Management Accountant. Our client, a leader in medical devices in Ireland are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant for their site in Cork.
The role of the Management Accountant ensures business managers have timely and relevant information required for effective planning and control of the business.
Why This Job?
- Permanent position with a leading medical device company in Cork
- Competitve salary with, pension, 10% bonus and healthcare
- Gym, canteen, work life balance
- Fast career developemnt opportuniites
- Fun team events
What Will I Be Doing?
- Ensure business managers have timely and relevant information required for effective planning and control of the business.
- Analyse production and spending variances to tight deadlines at month end.
- Ensure inventory is correctly valued in the Financial Statements.
- Partner with business unit leaders at Limerick with regard to the ongoing development of their financial knowledge and the preparation of monthly financial outlooks.
- Responsible for completion of monthly accounts and related analysis for distribution to Leadership Team at Limerick, and to Divisional and Corporate contacts.
- Ensure inventory is valued correctly and in line with Corporate policies.
- Prepare commentaries and key ratio calculation for distribution to Leadership Team and divisional Finance personnel.
- Drive process changes in the Finance area to ensure the provision of timely and relevant information to key business owners.
- Work closely with Continuous Improvement team to understand and develop product processing times to establish full product costings, understand cell/product productivity and validate cost reduction opportunities.
- Preparation of plant annual budget and related budget book for distribution to team leaders at Limerick.
- Participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Actively contribute as part of the Finance Team to setting and achieving the team?s goals and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
What Do I Need?
- Accounting qualification and a third level degree
- 3 years + experience in a managment accounting role preferably in amanufacturing environment
- Good ERP system knowledge
- Commercially aware and enjoy interacting with cross functional teams across the organisation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
For further information on this Management Accountant role in Cork please contact Jenny on 0860449371
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.