Our client who are a leading medical device company in Cork are seeking an experience management accountant to join their growing team
Why this role?
- 10% Annual Bonus Scheme
- Employee share purchase plan
- Competitive salary, pension and healthcare package
- Company organised social events
- Sports & Social Club
- Fun place to work
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Fast career progression
What will I be Doing?
- You will be an integral business partner and resource to the R&D and PD teams, providing business analysis on financial and business related issues.
- Assisting in new product development and providing a broad range of financial support and direction to research and development colleagues throughout R&D and PD.
- Analyse and challenge new product financial plans for operational considerations such as capital, headcount, COGS and R&D expenditure.
- Build a strong relationship with the selling division and controllers.
- Review make versus buy proposals to enable data based new product sourcing decisions.
- Leverage the new technology and new product pipelines across multiple selling divisions to provide service excellence to each R&D/PD team.
- Partner with project managers to ensure due diligence of new product margin improvement that drives cost out.
- Fulfil required report-out responsibilities to selling division
- Represent finance on cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Monitor performance and provide analysis to all levels of management to enable the business to meet its commitment and respond to targets.
- Develop a rolling 3 Year new products financial impact model.
- Raise attention to mitigate business and financial risks and exploit potential opportunities.
- Own the R&D grant claim process
- Develop a R&D grant agreement pipeline for opportunities as they arise.
- Own the annual R&D Tax credit claim and audit readiness.
- Support the financial performance management process across R&D and PD.
- Manage the new product capital expenditure request process.
- Support the annual R&D/PD budget process.
- Collaboration of R&D/PD reports outs with Business Services.
- Influence and educate R&D/PD teams on investment appraisal methodologies.
- Development of key performance indicators in support of new product strategies and financial commitments.
- Ad hoc projects.
What do I need?
- Qualified accountant with 5 years + post qualification experience in a multinational
- A thorough understanding of accounting and financial principals, budgeting, reporting, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Have demonstrated the ability to think strategically as well as build and execute action plans.
- Demonstrated record of driving change and improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple financial projects
- Ability to build and sustain relationships
- Must be comfortable in a matrix-management environment.
- Excellent business analytical and negotiation skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie