Who are the client
Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Mayo requires a Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent contract. You will contribute to the profitability, continuity and growth of the company where work is carried out on an advisory and service level. Information is of a financial nature with the main emphasis on Production related criteria.
What will I be doing
- Ensure that production performance is monitored on a daily basis and figures for the previous working day. Produce detailed management reports for efficiency, spoilage and overtime on a weekly basis.
- Prepare annual business plan and quarterly review schedules within designated time frames. Ensure an accurate and timely presentation of the plan/review. Provide comprehensive and accurate supporting documents to facilitate the users. Restate volumes throughout the year to measure the impact of marketing and management decisions.
- Produce a number of reports that provide management information for stock. Inventory levels are constantly monitored to ensure that working capital is kept to a minimum and appropriate stock levels are maintained. I also monitored the risk levels associated with slow moving stock and use this report to maintain a provision against stock becoming obsolete.
- Carry out assignments in relation to cost comparisons, financial modelling, machine effectiveness measures, assist and verify cost submissions and master file maintenance.
- Produce monthly Variance reports producing back up to verify Material Price Variances, Material Usage Variances, Production Efficiency and comparisons to standards, Inventory obsolescence provision, overhead spending and absorption to plan.
- Prepare detailed monthly Material Price Variance reporting identifying the standard cost and the price variance by MRP line item, the currency impact and highlighting any excess material price problems.
- Update standard costs annually at business plan generation and integrate costs with business plan volumes and expenditure.
- Maintain monthly standard costs which reflect bill of material changes for new products, revised throughput rates, changes in product structures etc
- Collaborate with business team to ensure integrity of ERP system, Bill of materials, Inventory validations, Sub Contracting, Cycle count scheduling.
- ERP System SAP, Microsoft proficiency. General queries training.
- Advise project leaders as to the financial impact of cost improvement projects and ensure the accurate forecasting and reporting of savings. Evaluate of green belt and black belts charters.
What do I need
- Professional Accounting Qualification.
- Big 4 trained or 1 year plus in a similar role
- Working Knowledge of ERP Systems and Management Accounting
For further information on this Management Accountant role please contact Jenny on 0860449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval