Telephone: 086 8395533
Manager Product Integrity Program ASL EMEA
Our client, a manufacturing company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Manager Product Integrity Program ASL EMEA for their site.
- The Manager of the Product Integrity Program (PIP), Analytical Services Laboratory (ASL) EMEA will lead a Laboratory team in all specified aspects of the laboratory operation, providing leadership, management and technical expertise.
- The role will coordinate and control the activities within the laboratory, including testing, workflows, and project management.
- The Laboratory Manager will possess strong technical skills in laboratory analysis, Quality Management and will demonstrate good communication and people skills.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Act as subject matter expert and consultant for the Company.
- Leads/supervises a Laboratory team;
- Provides input to budget discussions and hiring decisions;
- Focuses on mentoring and coordination. Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Record results & write technical reports.
- Lead projects in area of expertise
- Act as technical or quality expert by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/business units and providing support to branches, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
- Drives continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing the costs.
- Manage a group of people in all aspects of a specific lab function or operation.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Develop and execute people plans for the laboratory including evaluating resource requirements, reallocating resources to meet testing needs, reward and recognition program. Insure laboratory is operated under local and TCCC safety requirements.
- Ensure proper use of resources i.e. Equipment, People & information systems.
- Leverage employee feedback to develop and engage the team members.
- Assure lab processes and customer service meets business needs. Lead all aspects of the day-to-day operation, including people and lab infrastructure.
- Work to and ensure self/team compliance to Quality Management requirements for training, documentation, instrumentation control/ maintenance and audits.
- Train and instruct analysts/scientists.
- Supports troubleshooting of quality issues (incoming and outgoing).
- Control operational expenses for laboratory. Prepare capital plan (CAPEX), considering strategic capital requirements.
- Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/business units and providing support to branches, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in specific field to evaluate data/information and make decisions, provide solutions to problems, and educated opinions on ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances to provide support to bottlers and customers.
- Advanced Field Specialty (e.g. Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Spectroscopy, Ingredients, Packaging, Sensory or others): Expert ability to integrate advanced techniques and to apply the most appropriate techniques to a broad range of problems.
- Ability to perform advanced, complex testing at a high level of throughput using the required methodology as required on ingredients, intermediates and finished products and report results. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices; Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation; LIMS; Quality management systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships. Ability to apply communication skills and Company language to respond to product scientific or regulatory issues. Includes the ability to handle sensitive and complex contacts that require a high level of judgment, tact and diplomacy to minimize negative impact to the System and Industry.
- Develop & successfully follow short-term and long-term Business Plans aligned with Company strategy.
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Laboratory manager, other team members, understand lab workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, BU, and other Technical Functions, and suppliers, providing information on testing, results, other facts. Gather information from R&D, BU, others to help understand needs from lab operation.
- Clarify questions regarding testing, rejections, and unusual results, referencing analytical methodologies, Company policy and local regulatory requirements.
- Provide training to internal (e.g. BU, bottlers) and external (e.g. suppliers) stakeholders.
- Provide technical support in IMCR investigations.
- Support Legal with matters that require technical input in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
Once the successful candidate has received appropriate training, they will be expected to perform at a high level and will:
- Be familiar with required testing within their dedicated area
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with specifications or results and interpret results.
- Interpretation of data, specifications, methods and standards to develop key insights for decision making.
- Write structured summaries and reports i.e. Project reports, research papers.
- Constantly looking for opportunities to improve the lab methods, systems & processes.
- Bring innovative ideas into the workplace.
- Uses lean tools and processes to optimise lab operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
Preferred Educational Requirements
- Post Graduate degree (MSc. or PhD) in Chemistry or Microbiology is preferable.
Related Work Experience
- 8+ years of analytical and people management experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
For further information on this Manager Product Integrity Program ASL EMEA role in Mayo please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval