Telephone: 091 730022
Manufacturing CNC Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing CNC Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
The position is part of a team within the NPI department that involves the development, validation and production launch of manufacturing processes against targeted project milestones. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing manufacturing process steps on CNC Machine tools and working with other team members to deliver the validated product to market.
NPI Team Leader
- Develop the CNC manufacturing process to meet project milestones
- Participate in validation requirements on new equipment introductions / processes / process changes.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and process Engineers.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment introductions.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Track and report project spend
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering group.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, etc).
- Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Ensure all production equipment meets Health & Safety requirements by the completion of required documentation.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
Key Competencies Required
- Sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Problem Solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Technical decision making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for Development of CNC Manufacturing processes.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Qualifications & Experience:
- Obtained as a minimum a Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering
- Proven track record in development, of CNC milling or Turning manufacturing process steps.
- CAD / CAM experience
- 2+ years in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment
- CNC operation setting & programming experience (Fanuc Compatible)
- Background in trades or technical discipline
- Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) or City and Guilds 7579 Computer Aided Engineering Qualification or Similar
- Operation of 5 axis mill-turn machining centres
- Unigraphics NX Cad Cam experience
- Proficiency of GD&T
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
For further information on this CNC Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline on 091 730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval