The successful candidate will have a proven track record of a performing complex technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines. Strong problem solving and cost saving project experience. Previous experience with continuous improvement and delivering projects.
- Can initiate and prioritize own workload and the work load of others and ensures it is aligned to department and site goals.
- Leads complex Problem solving and cost improvement projects with cross functional teams.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Completes technically challenging tasks and identifies appropriate resources when applicable.
- Lead, manage and deliver projects in a timely manner
- Day to day line support of a designated area, responsible for all key performance indicators for that area including scrap, downtime, product cost and quality. Driving and delivering to set targets on these KPI?s as well as communicating on these KPI?s at daily, weekly and monthly forums.
- Good communication skills, can effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions, give direction to technicians and engineers and provide handovers to previous/ following shift identifying specific troubleshooting activities completed and recommendations for the next shift. Ability to interact well with operators online and technicians in the extrusion area.
- Generates ECOs, protocols and prototypes under minimum direction.
- Supervision of others work including giving daily guidance to Technicians and managing their workloads.
- Ensures all products and processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Educational experience of a Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry.
- A minimum of 3 years? experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply and demonstrate analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Demonstrated validation experience is an advantage.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer Role in Galway please contact
Deborah Counihan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval