Our client, a large medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on an hourly contracting basis.
The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through continuous development and implement projects for Compliance, Supply and Cost purposes.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that supports day to day production and contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through process improvements /new technology/equipment introductions.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department?s continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure CIP projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Process Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Process Engineering group.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR?s, CAPA?s, etc.).
- Ensure all process developments are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Ensure all production equipment meets all Health & Safety requirements by the completion of required documentation.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills ? to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making ? required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility ? must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in managing financial business metrics is highly desirable.
- Experience in Validation of equipment is desired.
- Experience in GAMP5 validation support and Software Validation is desired.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval