Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site in Galway.
The successful candidate will support the ongoing introduction and advancement of the Asset care excellence across the plant/in direct area of responsibility. Constantly promoting, educating, and instilling a culture of identification and elimination of equipment downtime throughout the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support areas.
- Promote a culture of asset care excellence throughout the organization.
- Implementation and daily maintenance of the computer based maintenance management system used to co-ordinate all maintenance activity.
- Assist in the development/updating of key metrics for the maintenance department for management review from CMMS Software.
- Drive and support continuous improvement activities by using problem solving technique, implementation and maintenance of TPM program, identifying improvement opportunities, initiating project teams to address, support, direct and facilitate the removal of barriers to ensure success.
- Provide technical support and project management support to manufacturing teams to initiate and sustain continuous improvement.
- Model and support organisational values in carrying out of all assigned responsibilities/tasks.
- Identify waste and challenge as appropriate using lean tools, working with production to identify solutions and drive improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in relevant technical discipline.
- Green Belt Certified ? recognised qualification is desirable.
- At least 5 years? experience in manufacturing/engineering/quality environment, preferably in a medical device environment.
- Previous experience of the implementation and ongoing maintenance of CMMS programs.
- Working knowledge of current maintenance best practices such as RCM, TPM.
- Strong project management skills and result orientated.
- Experience of data analysis, trends and reporting.
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and other applicable tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Tracey Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval