Senior Engineer Cork
Would you like to make a difference in an innovative, leading medical device company? I am currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer in Cork. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the development of a world class manufacturing group working towards achieving key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Works with Engineering leaders to deliver business objectives
- Responsible for assisting in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Application of a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering toward achieving key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Line performance monitoring, and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Provision of technical leadership/guidance for the Process / maintenance Technicians and Manufacturing / Equipment Engineers on the team.
- Provide engineering support for new Product and new process introduction, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented
- Process validation for products and processes; VP, IQ, OQ, PQ and associated documentation.
- Conduct Gauge R&R studies for products and new processes.
- Carry out structured problem solving.
- Responsibility for projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
- Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around any deficits in same.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers
- Undertaking, where appropriate, a Subject Matter Expert's role for Regulatory Audit purposes
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has 2-4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of technical leading, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
For further information on this Senior Engineer role in Cork or any other Engineering opportunities I have available, please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jenny Mullery, Engineering Recruitment Consultant.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval