Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on an hourly contracting basis (Fixed Term).
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
Development and installation of manufacturing processes for new product introductions. The successful candidate will be a technical member in cross functional teams to set up new processes to meet challenging project commitments in line with agreed stability metrics. The role will involve collaborating with global R&D teams to develop innovative and cost effective devices and delivering highly stable and effective manufacturing processes.
Key responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Lead NPD development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
- Provide design for manufacturing technical input to global design groups to minimise lifecycle cost
- Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
- Management of R&D test parts and sample requests.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews
- Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
- Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
- Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Accountable for project capital and expense spend for assigned processes
- Contribute to PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk.
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
Essential Criteria for the Manufacturing Engineer role:
- Obtained as a minimum a Degree in Mechanical /Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant experience regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Good problem solving / root causing techniques (Six Sigma, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional project team and communicate to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
For further information on this Contracting Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval