Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for an 18 month contract.
- Provide design, technical and operational support to thermal spray processes, powder manufacturing processes, CNC manufacturing processes, Cleaning & Packaging processes and all other manufacturing processes in the plant
- Promote the best interests of the facility, internally and externally.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ensure GMPs and system safety and promotes compliance.
- Engage and participate on the delivery of the BU KPI's
- Continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Provide leadership and direction to the BU on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within the BU.
- Participate in FMEA and PPAP activities associated with product transfers and launches
- Support all capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation
- Train manufacturing team members.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of coating suppliers, machining suppliers and raw material suppliers e.g. Forgings, titanium etc.
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- The individual must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in an engineering role within a CNC environment.
- Business understanding of operations and there impacts essential.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Flexibility essential.
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated team environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Competent in preparing and implementing technology improvement strategy.
- Percent Travel Required Up to 10%
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Roisin MacNamara on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval