Manufacturing Engineer / Cork
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site in Cork
This role of Manufacturing Engineer is to support the engineering and implementing of highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives.
Job Description for this Manufacturing Engineer role
- Leads the innovation and development of assigned manufacturing processes, technology and procedures required for the manufacture and launch of New Products within the Additive Manufacturing Technology Centre of Excellence.
- Conduct and document all necessary research, process development, testing and validation prior to product transfers. Participation in multifunctional product development teams to ensure seamless handover of new products and/or processes to production.
- Uses concurrent Engineering Techniques/technology whilst also seeking out technology advancements to aid with the process development and qualifications.
- Continually focused on reducing product time to market and adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
- Min 2 years related Engineering experience in an NPI or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science)
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended work hours
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which effect immediate operations.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals).
- Must be able to analyse and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgement
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or materials knowledge & problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base).
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and process capability.Working knowledge of Minitab
- Percent Travel Required Up to 20%
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval