Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on an hourly contracting basis.
Summary of Job:
The primary purpose of the job is to support the Manufacturing Engineering group in the implementation of new technologies to various equipment. The successful candidate will work in cross functional teams and provide the technical support in the various projects whilst meeting project commitments. The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years' experience working within a medical device environment or equivalent.
- Support the selection, procurement, installation, development and validation of new process technology/equipment.
- Generate and review process documentation including manufacturing process specifications, drawings, datasheets and job element charts.
- Support engineering development requirements and work with cross functional teams to complete activities.
- Liaise with outside suppliers and support the purchase of specialized tooling, fixtures, gauges and special equipment.
- Support design, development and sourcing of tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes.
- Provide input into quality documentation to meet internal and external regulatory requirements (DHF, PFMEA, PA file etc.)
- Support generation and input into the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Manage and control capital spend and budget requirements for projects.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the GMP requirements maintained by the company.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Adhere to the company's procedures as detailed in the SOP manual.
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Electrical/Mechanical Aptitude.
- Have a recognized engineering technical qualification.
- Support of the development of new processes.
- Proven ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience in Root Cause analysis techniques and problem solving (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to work in sub teams within a project and complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Proven track record working on cross functional teams.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Interest in Process Excellence.
- Flexibility, accountable, pro-active, able to manage priorities.
- Knowledge/awareness of automation desirable
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval