Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit for a number of Manufacturing Engineers for their site. Contract roles - 6 month & 12 month contracts available.
Main responsibilities - Manufacturing Engineer
- Eliminate dangerous occurrences in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances in safety
- Achieve 200 K euro in Cost improvement per Annum. Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the transport business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain, promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Provide engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of Trailer products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes - both product and process - into the plant and implement technology advances into the manufacturing processes for existing products.
- Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E ; Process simulation Line balancing and A3 project management with knowledge in the use of Shingijitsu tools.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available re-sources in the process.
- Release the hidden talent of manufacturing employees through engagement and the delegation of ownership
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- At a minimum, an Honours degree in engineering is required
- 3+ years' experience working in an Engineering environment.
- Accomplished project leader/ manager. Skill set in business case development and selling same.
- Change Implementer - Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mind-set. Identifies and eliminates waste / muda.
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes.
- Relationship builder - Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
- Builds project portfolios - Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution.
- Self-motivated - Self driven, Takes total ownership
- Communication - builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval