Manufacturing Engineer job in Galway
Are you on the lookout for a Manufacturing Engineer job? Are you open to relocating to Galway? Then I have the right role for you! My client, a leading medical device company, are looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
The chosen candidate will have a proven track record of performing technical work such as design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines.
- Can initiate and prioritize own workload and the work load of others and ensures it is aligned to department and site goals.
- Day to day line support of a designated area, responsible for all key performance indicators for that area including scrap, downtime, product cost and quality. Driving and delivering to set targets on these KPI's as well as communicating on these KPI's at daily, weekly and monthly forums.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Ensures all products and processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Leads complex Problem solving and cost improvement projects with cross functional teams.
- Supervision of others work including giving daily guidance to Technicians and managing their workloads.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Educational experience of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a medical device manufacturing environment in a similar role.
- Ability to apply and demonstrate analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Strong problem solving and cost saving project experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Demonstrated validation experience is highly desirable.
If you're free for a quick chat to find out more about my client and their Manufacturing Engineer job in Galway, then please call me on 0868395531. If you can't talk during the day, text me and I can ring you at a time that suits.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Aoife O Reilly, Engineering Recruitment Consultant, 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval