Manufacturing Engineer - Balloons/Extrusion
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- To maximize the performance ( quality; output volume, & cost ) of balloon forming within the company, by providing high impact technical support in the area balloon processing with special emphasis on tubing control and design.
- Co-ordinating and leading projects to improve repeatability and robustness of balloon forming processes against challenging timelines.
Job Description: Role & Responsibilities
- To implement appropriate controls and approaches to ensure first pass success during initial tubing qualifications and subsequent commercial builds
- To apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to optimise balloon forming performance
- To ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- To provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed.
- To ensure that non conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- To successfully complete validations and process improvements using statistical tools and six sigma techniques.
- To help support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across all balloon forming activities.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development area with at least 3 years experience in balloon forming role.
- Experience designing and creating specifications for balloon tubing.
- Extrusion experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Degree in Polymer Science/Material Science or equivalent.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval