Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- You will contribute to and give technical support to required site visitor programs as required.
- You will be responsible for manufacturing line products, processes, equipment, and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets.
- Responsible for the installation, calibration and preventative maintenance of on line process equipment.
- You will provide technical support to junior engineering staff and assume responsibility for employees training and development as well as providing technical support in field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- You will be taking an engineering lead on process improvement/validation activities and ability to identify process improvement /cost saving opportunities.
- You will also take a technical lead on Lean Sigma initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- You will participate /core team member in PDP Projects and Product Transfer products.
- You will liaise with other company plants regarding technical issues.
- You will undertake specific projects as designated in support of the business unit objectives.
- You will generate and supervise technical support for product(s), in line with marketing plans.
- We are looking for a qualified person to third Level 8 degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with process/product development, ideally in medical device industry and knowledge of process optimization, qualification and validation techniques.
- Broad knowledge of materials and processes applicable to medical device industry is desirable.
- Experience of medical device industry regulations, manufacturing engineering role and ability to manage self and others to achieve challenging targets is advantageous.
- You must be capable of demonstrating the following leadership expectations; Sets High Standards for others, Drives Accountability, Initiates & Leads Change and Thinks Critically & Makes Sound Decisions.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees at the company - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval