Telephone: 086 0449473
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- To maximize the performance (quality; output volume, & cost ) of manufacturing processes within the company, by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- To implement appropriate process controls on to company manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- To maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of LEAN SIGMA methodology.
- To apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
- To ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- To provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed.
- To ensure that non- conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- To successfully complete validations and process improvements using statistical tools and six sigma techniques.
- To support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- To co-ordinate and complete complex projects supporting the implementation of new products and processes successfully against challenging timelines.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Catheter manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within the Medical Device/Healthcare
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering /Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval