Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for projects in the area of 3D Printing and Materials Processes ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Support the development of long-term strategy for 3D Printing and Materials Processes
- Implement of cost effective 3D Printing and Material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Lead detailed product / process design reviews
- Design, develop and conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Develop innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Participate in PFMEA studies and risk assessments
- Participate in 3D Printing and Materials manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Materials/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline
- 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- Ph.D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3) - Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Product and Process Validation experience
- Integration of R&D Programs into Manufacturing Operations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Previous experience in Titanium 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
Non-Technical Profile Requirements
- Demonstration of sound methodology in faultfinding techniques
- Experience in process transfer or large project roles in medical device environment
- Project management of complex
- Previous experience in engineering support roles in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Validation processes
- Previous experience in a high volume-manufacturing environment
- Project Management / Leadership skills
- Equipment and process safety aspect to EU standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated Leadership experience
- Medical Devices or other FDA regulated industries experience
- Project Management / Leadership skills
- Training mentoring other technical staff
- Good communication and reporting skills both verbal and written to allow work to be carried out over a shift change and beyond
- Demonstrate a high quality of work and attention to detail
- Persistence to attain resolution to problems
- Results orientated, attention to detail
- Strong Leadership abilities, with a mentoring approach to team building, training and project leadership
- A first class communicator
- Driven by goals, results and timescales
- Design review experience
- Project management
- Black Belt certified
- DOE Experience
- MTBF, MTTR. OEE
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Engineering degree with experience in a production environment
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval