Our client, a Medical Device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing, and the development of existing and new process technologies.
- Manage a variable workload to meet/exceed key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as yield, throughput and productivity and machine availability.
- Continuous Improvement of the overall maintenance strategy through review of maintenance KPIs
- Manage team of equipment and process technicians and ensure team are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Support manufacturing as the manufacturing maintenance engineer providing line support for equipment related technical issues.
- Responsible for managing Business Unit’s adherence to maintenance schedule.
- Lead and implement Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) across the Business Unit.
- Identify, troubleshoot, investigate and remedy equipment issues and incidents, using Lean Six Sigma tools as applicable.
- Investigate new process/equipment technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Prepare process equipment reports / presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement and improve equipment maintenance procedures for existing and new equipment
- Drive compliance in line with global policies, procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Work as part of production support team to drive product and process improvements/developments.
- Update manufacturing procedures, specs, PM routines as required through ECO process.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled across all equipment.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a minimum of 3 yrs. experience in a similar role.
- High volume manufacturing experience is a definite advantage including knowledge of Injection Moulding, Extrusion, EDM Machining and Laser Cutting processes.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Equipment maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of lean manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skill would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.