Manufacturing Engineer - Galway - 99180
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
Key individual responsible for leading a project(s) to transfer Aspiration catheters and Microcatheters into production. Provide leadership and technical skills to ensure optimal solutions are reached in a timely cost effective manner.
- Interacts with product stakeholders (e.g. external vendors, production, quality, etc.) to identify opportunities and develop appropriate strategies
- Work with/lead internal cross-functional teams and contract manufacturers or design firms to ensure system design, architecture, and verification/validation meets design input.
- Evaluates external technologies and strategically identifies opportunities to implement them -Serves as a key communicator from the customer to the design team.
- May serve as a representative or liaison to other company sites or any external organizations, boards or committees.
- To become the technical expert (subject matter expert) on platform and complex projects.
- Project Management; Creates, drives, communicates & executes project plans, tasks and deliverables. Manages time to meet project deadlines
- Develops processes, materials and solutions through in house and out of house development paths.
- Ensure design meets company’s expectations in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Reviews and assesses designs and processes for potential patent opportunities.
- Builds Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Provides technical guidance to other engineers & technicians
- May supervise other team members
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A graduate in Engineering/Technical field with typically 5 years in a medical device environment or equivalent.
- Experience with medical products such as large calibre delivery systems is an advantage
- Product and process development skills in medical devices a must
- Strong knowledge of materials and process capabilities for catheter based medical device implants
- Strong working knowledge and ability to use statistical techniques, six sigma and DFSS methodology
- Proficient in solid works, ACAD and FE
- Ability to work within a team; fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with company objectives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to enhance collaboration and written skills to prepare/execute/communicate plans and reports
- Strategic Planner with successful scheduling & execution results
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.