Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives.
Also responsible for supporting the profitable and sustainable growth through the execution of key projects and continuous improvement.
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Identify waste reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant internal & external groups to deliver value improvement in waste reduction.
- Develops project plans outlining work plans, timelines, roles and resources; Identifies and leads functional project team.
- Manages functions progress to ensure achievement of all milestones and deliverables; Provides updates to senior management and all stakeholders of progress through frequent communications of findings at regular intervals via reports and meetings.
- Works cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure project success.
- Successfully contributes to both new product development teams and product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- Process Development: Support all process development and validation activities as required including development of applicable protocols and reports; Create, execute, and analyze experiments using statistical methods, including working with the relevant project team members;
- Line performance monitoring and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team?s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Process Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers I?s on the team.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Responsible for other projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate. Observance of the site Equipment and Automated Systems (E&AS) procedures for new equipment.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around same.
- Cross functional liaison with support functions in pursuit support for achieving the business targets.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site.
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
For further information on this role please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / 0864667369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval