Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- You will be the Manufacturing Engineer involved in manufacturing of current balloon products and the introduction of new balloon product.
- You will ensure the correct setup of all equipment in relation to the manufacturing processes and also all related qualification documentation.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
- You will support, lead and develop other technicians in relation to the product.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and investigating defects from the manufacturing line both during the initial validation stage and as the product develops through its lifecycle.
- You will liaise with Engineering on other shifts to ensure accurate handovers.
- You will participate in strategic projects to support quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets.
- You will develop and maintain beneficial working relationships across a number of functions.
- We are looking for a qualified person to a minimum of level 8 BSc/BEng Degree in Engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 4years of related experience.
- You will have experience in IQs, Equipment Binders, Calibrations, Preventative Maintenance.
- You will have experience of working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- You will have strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- Experience in the introduction of new technology on Manufacturing lines within the medical device industry is desirable.
- You will work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You will have excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Experience in Balloon Moulding is an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be a strong team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative to a high standard when required.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval